Prayer for S—
Good morning, O Holy One
In my mind’s eye
I see the first pink streaks of the new dawn
illuminating your world.
But I am afraid to open my eyes
and perhaps see gray twilight dimming the corners instead.
I want to bargain for full sight –
Take my money, my chance for fame –
But you know these are slight and not my treasures.
Shall I trade a favorite food? A different sense dulled?
No, I already offer all that I cherish for your service.
Help me, God, to see with new eyes,
whatever the color of the light.
Virginia Gilbert December 2004
- Great and Meaningless Then and Now
- Good Shepherd Sunday, April 17, 2016
- Otis Moss III on Prophetic Preaching
- Separating the Weeds from the Wheat
- Missouri uses flawed data to penalize poor, minority students
- Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth
- The In Crowd and Outcasts
- Lord, are you telling this to us or everybody?
- Paul’s Visions
- Now What?